Microsoft Outlook 2010 – Guide
Email configuration for Microsoft Outlook 2010This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Microsoft Outlook 2010 Step 1 Open Microsoft Outlook 2010. NOTE: If this is the first time you have used Outlook 2010, you will be presented with a setup wizard. if so, skip to Step 5.
|The default screen with ‘File’ at the top left|
|Accessing Account Information|
|Accessing the Add New Account wizard|
|Selecting ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’|
|Selecting ‘Internet E-mail’|
|General email settings|
|Outgoing Server settings|
· Click the Advanced tab at the top of the screen.
· Underneath Incoming server (POP3) check the tick box alongside the option This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
· Underneath Outgoing server (SMTP) set Use the following type of encrypted connection to TSL in the drop down menu.
· Next to Outgoing server (SMTP) change the number from 25 to 587.
· Next to Incoming server (POP3) check the number is 995.
· Under Server Timeouts Increase the server timeout period to around 3 minutes
· Under Delivery Tick the box to “Leave a copy of message on the server”
· Choose to leave a copy for 1 day(s) – (It is optional to increase this – but keeping it low will help keep your mailbox size down. THE EMAILS ARE STORED SAFELY ON YOUR OUTLOOK SOFTWARE)
· Tick option “Remove from server when deleted from “Deleted Items”
· Click OK to return to the wizard.
|Advanced server settings|
|Testing your account settings|
Congratulations! Microsoft Outlook 2010 is now configured for use.
Further AssistanceIf you wish to use IMAP instead of POP3 – refer to IMAP details on our knowledgebase page: https://members.webshield.net.au/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1 If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org