Windows 8 Mail Guide
This guide will help you configure your webshield email address in Windows 8 Mail app.
– From your Start screen, tap or click Mail.- If you’re using a mouse, hover over the bottom right corner of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
– If you’re using a touchscreen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen to make the Charm Menu appear, then click Settings.
– Select Accounts.
|Locating ‘Accounts’ in the menu|
– Select Add an account.
|‘Add an account’ under Accounts|
– Select Other Account from the bottom of the list.
|Select ‘Other Account’|
– In the Email address field, type your Webshield email address, e.g., username@Webshield.net.au
– In the Password field, enter your Webshield password, then click Show more details.
|Entering your email address and password|
– In the Incoming (IMAP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
– In the Port field next to Incoming (IMAP) email server, enter 993.
– Tick the Incoming server requires SSL box.
– In the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field, enter mail.webshield.net.au.
- In the Port field next to Outgoing (SMTP) email server, enter 587.
– Tick the Outgoing server requires SSL box.
– Tick the Outgoing server requires authentication box.
– Tick the Use the same username and password to send and receive email box.
– Click Connect to complete setup.
|All the required email settings|
Congratulations! The Mail app is now configured for use.
If you wish to use POP3 instead of IMAP – refer to POP3 details on our knowledgebase page: Support Article Here
If you are still having trouble setting up your webshield email address or would like to clarify some of the steps, pleasecall us on 1300 309 121 – or use a personal free webmail account (e.g. gmail) to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org